Sunday 16 February 2014

Digital samples

As I really want to get at least one of my scarves digitally printed, I decided it would be a good idea to print off some samples, to see the quality of line on the fabric and to test the colours. I chose two prints in very opposite colour ways - a really vivid one to test the bright colours, and a subdued one to test the paler colours. I printed off A4 sized samples on the habotai silk as this was the fabric that would look closest to the quality of a Hermes scarf, and they came out really nicely - very good quality line that wasn't at all blurry. Digital printing is perfect for my designs this project as I have used a lot of photographic elements, and it allows to have a much higher range of colours than could be achieved on screen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment