Sunday 20 October 2013

Drawings

I have been looking at some of Grayson Perry's work lately, and it has led me to think about including figures in my work, rather than just symbols. A lot of people said my work looks quite rockabilly and there more I draw, I feel myself going down a tattoo route, so I decided that to take a risk I should try combining something very modern such as tattoos on a 1950s women (as tattoos were a lot less a part of popular culture). I actually really like the drawing style in this one, as for the first time, my use of bold colour actually seems to be working!


Below, I decided to carry on in bold colour and bring in some of the modern day symbols. I like this as initial work, but it certainly needs refining a bit before I can start thinking about motifs for print.



No comments:

Post a Comment