Thursday 31 October 2013

Multi-component drawings

After discussing that I needed to try having more components in my pieces, and also make the layout more relevant to my project, I create the two images below. The first was inspired by Maija Louekari's block layouts, where I tessellated the shapes so they would neatly fit together, whereas the second was inspired by Lucienne Day's geoetric prints. I think both of them will look rather good in repeat, I now just need to get into photoshop so that I can play around with them.



Here I decided to the take the 'more components' part of my challenge to the extreme, creating this sprawling piece. I'm actually really proud of what I have created - I love the layout, the balance in the composition and the variations in drawing style, with block and fine lines. I can't wait to see how this will look on a garment, and also in colour (something which my project is currently lacking).


No comments:

Post a Comment