Monday 28 April 2014

Baroque motifs



Finally started to make some baroque frames using my motifs. I really like the overall effect but I'm not sure if they look a bit too solid and harsh - I'm finding it hard to adjust to this flat graphic style as it is something I am not used to. Hopefully once I start using colour they will begin to look a bit softer and more feminine, as I feel the rectangle ones in particular look a bit hard and masculine, not particularly suitable to prints for womenswear.

I am however very pleased with the frame below, perhaps because the motifs themselves already had quite a baroque feel to them. Can't wait to create a print with it, as I think it will be really nice to have a pretty baroque style print, that when you look closer you realise it is actually made up of jelly moulds, carpet beaters and sewing machines.


No comments:

Post a Comment