Saturday 14 December 2013

Locating project - initial thoughts




When we were first told that we could do whatever we liked this project, I have to admit I did panic a bit. The extreme freedom threw me a bit and it took quite a while before I could even begin to think about what to focus on a theme. After a lot of dithering, I decided to look back to the things that I always have in my workspace to inspire me - my pin boards. The more I looked the more I realised that the key thing across all the images I have collected across the years was the theme of dressing up; that idea of extravagance and being over the top, becoming someone else. Once I went down this route I also realised that for once I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted my end product to be - illustrated silk scarves. I think this may end up being quite a self indulgent project as it is combining some of my favourite things, but where is the harm in that!


No comments:

Post a Comment