Sunday 29 December 2013

Collage artists

I have seen so many artists doing photo collage floating about online, its definitely something that has got mega trendy lately. Ashkan Honarvar however, is someone whose work I have always enjoyed and I particularly like this very pink piece - I think I just really like the overall feel and the random yet coherent nature of the objects within it. I also really like the piece with the bird, there is something intriguing about the hunched figure of a woman combined with the whimsical drawing style.



I also like the simplicity of this collage by Erin Case - what you see is what you get, and yet there is a lovely balance in the composition, with the texture of the hair and the gentle colours of the scenery. I want to try to reflect some of this quirky style in my own work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment