Monday 20 January 2014

Illustrators

I'm enjoying working in a line style again in this project (it does seem to be my favourite at the moment) so here are two illustrators who have helped inspire the female faces I have been drawing. Top is Laura Callaghan; I discovered her editorial work in Stella magazine, but then I soon realised she also did a lot of work for Oh Comely (perhaps my favourite magazine, great resource for artist research). I like the curvy, often lazy women in her work, and the expert use of bold colour. Below that is the work of Liselotte Watkins, I really like her almost continuous-line style, very free flowing and with a lot of movement. I really enjoy working in this style for drawing faces, as you can create really interesting shape, and then let block colour do all the rest of the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment