Sunday 4 November 2012

Screen printing - pigment

My primary reason for using pigment first, was that its simplicity gave allowances for me to get to grips with using the print room and the screen. This apparently didn't stop me from creating the most hideous first run of prints, of which only a few were salvageable.


But, I learnt from these early rookie mistakes and by the end of my second/ beginning of the third session in the print room I felt more confident with my placement and combinations of colour. Of my pigment prints so far, this is my favourite (below). I feel it captures that garish trend in a pleasing manner, and I like the way the colours blend where they overlap. I know this sort of print would also work particularly well in reactive dyes - something worth testing out.


No comments:

Post a Comment