Monday 29 October 2012

New colour stripe

For ages I had assumed I would base the colours for my collection on my own photographs
of buildings, perhaps focusing on a teal and brown range as this is highly trendy at the moment.
But Nicola suggested that perhaps it was more interesting to do something unexpected,
which got me thinking.

And then I struck upon this image in 'Wrap' magazine, and I just loved the warmth and
vibrancy you could feel from the image, and there is a wide range ofwell connected shades
- the maroon and teal which are on trend, contrasted with the orange to give that 'ugly' feel;
another trend of the moment.


There have been times when I have hated my choice of colour stripe,
mainly because they are not ones I ever usually work with, but I think that has made
me want to persevere even more and see it as a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment