Thursday 1 May 2014

Colour swatch





Finally decided on a colour swatch for my prints. I'm pleased with the final selection as it gives me a variety of feminine warm colours, with a mix of soft pales with some brash brights for contrast. The above images were my initial inspiration, but I was worried that they might create to broad a colour stripe. I selected the warm, rich tones of brown, gold, red and soft green from the library interior, the cool pale blue and pink shades from the plaster-work in the ceiling, and the bright colours of foliage and flowers from the greenhouses, giving me rich green and hot pink. I didn't want to stick to just my photos from Taton, so I collected the images show with my stripe to try and reflect what I want to show through my prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment