Sunday 15 September 2013

Sewing projects

As most of my work is concentrated on surface pattern and drawing designs, I rarely get a chance to work on something 3D. So this summer I was determined to try making patterns from my own clothes, mainly just to test my skills and see whether I was capable of it (I'm usually not very good at transferring 2D to 3D).



I have a particular jersey dress that I have owned and worn for years that is a style I like and seemed a simple enough shape to start with, and I actually found the process of making a newspaper pattern from it rather enjoyable! I was pleased with the final piece, and I think it has helped me to understand my own design process a bit better, actually being able to visualise the next steps in the production process.



No comments:

Post a Comment