Friday 3 May 2013

Leigh Cooke

This was such an interesting, intense three hour talk with the Hermes designer Leigh Cooke. It was incredible to hear his background story before the lead up to his current job. I thought it was interesting to see how much his work has developed since his degree, and also the entire process of selling his work to fashion houses. What I liked the most about the talk was not just that he was such an interesting character, but that he questioned every method of working I have ever been taught, and he left me with a totally different view of textiles print design.  I found it really relevant because the work he does is ultimately what I would adore to one day be doing, and I left the talk totally itching to go and work. I future projects I definitely want to try creating a print for square scarves.


Close-ups of Cooke's famous A Vos Crayons design

No comments:

Post a Comment