Thursday 18 April 2013

Holiday work

Before the Easter break we had a group meeting to discuss where to go next, and decided that we would take this theme of currency and culture and see where it took us in our individual ways, and then after the holiday we would be able to bring our work together and discuss our direction.

It was during one particular day whilst I was away from home with nothing to do that I decided to start drawing what I had on me, and this soon developed into a little sketchbook specifically for illustrations and drawings. My starting point was bank notes and looking at the close details that you never usually notice.




These were all details taken from a £5 note.



Here I started to look at foreign coins, and introduced a single bold colour.


I particularly like these two as they are simple but work rather effectively.




No comments:

Post a Comment